If you’re looking to whiten and brighten your teeth, don’t waste your money on Crest Whitestrips. Just head to your own kitchen. You likely already have two powerful ingredients that will noticeably whiten your teeth in two minutes. All you need in a lemon and some baking soda:
Many people hesitate to smile in public because they are self-conscious about the poor color of their teeth. To figure out how to whiten our teeth, let us know why do teeth get yellow in the first place?
There are several factors that play a part, including hereditary factors, aging, poor dental hygiene, or what kind of food and drink you consume, like excessive consumption of tea, coffee, tobacco, and cigarettes. In addition, climatic conditions, high doses of antibiotics, infection and improper metabolism can contribute to discoloring of teeth.
If you wish to get rid of yellow teeth, there are plenty of natural teeth whitening home remedies. Here, we are going to discuss one of the most popular of the natural teeth whitening home remedies. With a bit of patience, you can naturally restore whiteness to your teeth.
Baking Soda and Lemon Juice Paste
- The chemical reaction of baking soda with the citrus of lemon juice has a smile-brightening effect. Either one of these ingredients works well, but together they are super-effective.
- Mix a few teaspoons of baking soda with enough fresh lemon juice (or water) to make a paste.
- Put a good amount of paste onto your toothbrush and brush your teeth.
- Leave the paste on for 1 minute, then rinse, so as to avoid the acid affecting enamel.
- If you are using just water you can leave it on for up to 3 minutes.
- It is essential to note that excess use of baking soda can strip your teeth of its natural enamel.
- Only brush with this solution up to once per week as it can wear away the tooth enamel if used too frequently.
- If irritation occurs, the baking soda may be too abrasive for your gums, so discontinue use.
- If you’re worried about damaging tooth enamel, try some of the other solutions.
Be aware that brushing your teeth with baking soda should not replace brushing your teeth with regular toothpaste. Regular brushing will help to fight cavities, plaque buildup, gum disease, and keep your breath fresh.